Chandeliers are the most sought accessories for any bungalow or public places. Depending upon the floor size, you can select a chandelier. You need to choose the right kind of chandelier that suits your lifestyle. Generally, the theme of the room like wall and ceiling color will help to determine the chandelier.
Everyone adores the beauty of the chandelier because of its appearance. The real appreciation will be when you understand the crystal chandelier manufacture process. High skilled craftsmanship is involved in shaping your favorite chandelier.
The crystal chandelier is a piece of art that makes a statement. Generally, it gets mounted on the ceiling along with various types and color lights. Let’s understand the exact manufacturing process of the chandeliers.
- In melting process, the main ingredients such as silica, lead, ash, and other elements get fed in the furnace. With the correct temperature settings, all the ingredients will melt, and ultimately the molten will take a form of crystals.
- Highly skilled craftsmen will cut these crystals in different shapes and sizes before polishing.
- The next process is to shape the glass. The glassblowers come together to shape the glass that goes into these chandeliers. In general, two laborers will come together to shape the glass
- While shaping the crystals and glass the skilled laborers use different types of molds.
- There are different shapes and sizes of crystals and glass used in the chandelier, so after the blowing and shaping process, the excess portion gets snipped to get the final shape.
- The skilled laborers use different types of tools to lengthen, twist, roll and blow the crystals
- Most of the crystal and glass parts are handmade.
- After completing all the crystal and glass parts the assembling process starts. In this stage, all these crystals and glass pieces are attached to a base. Electrical wiring gets assembled on the light fixture.
- The final shape gets matched with the drawing or the design as planned. Electrical bulbs get used to complete the process of chandelier manufacturing. \
Testing and packaging
- Testing is a must. If the power supply illuminates the chandelier properly, then it gets disassembled for packaging.
Most of the chandelier manufacturers confirm the design with the users. After final confirmation, they start the manufacturing process of the order as agreed. Apart from this, there are many standard off-the-shelf designs available in the market.
The choice is subjective. You can choose to have a customized chandelier designed or pick an off-the-shelf product. Every chandelier speaks volumes about the hands behind the making. Hope you will appreciate the hard work as well as the special skill rendered to craft this masterpiece.
These aesthetic masterpieces are actually a blend of art and science. Crystal and glass chandeliers are the focal points of any room. It is worth going for a crystal and glass chandelier that glorifies the living space of your home or office or gathering hall. These classics are worth the investment and can last for generations.